About Alex Rascanu
Public management professional.
Alex Rascanu is a public management professional with strategic planning, policy development and program management expertise at the intersection of employment services provision, education delivery, and economic development.
He holds a Master in Public Administration (Management) from Dalhousie University and a Bachelor of Business Administration from the University of Toronto. He is a member of the Institute of Public Administration of Canada.
- National Stakeholder Relations Specialist at the Canadian Association for Supported Employment; and
- Host of The Career Planning Show, a weekly podcast that's aimed at helping you launch and grow a fulfilling career.
- employment services consultant and labour mobility policymaker for a provincial government;
- communications and community outreach lead for a federal Member of Parliament;
- new business development director for Canada's largest cancer treatment and research centre;
- global consumer insights analyst for the world's largest snacks manufacturer;
- elected representative on the governing council of Canada's largest university;
- budget advisory committee member at the largest research-intensive university in Atlantic Canada;
- board of directors member for a high performance daycare centre;
- founder and chief executive officer of a consulting firm and a nonprofit organization;
- marketing manager for Canada's largest inbound marketing agency; and
- marketing director for Canada's fastest growing online investment firm.
Alex has developed and has been involved with a broad range of community projects.
His core competencies are strategic planning, policy development, analytical thinking, initiative, innovativeness, program management, effective interactive communication, intercultural diversity proficiency, and adaptability to ensure program success.