About Alex Rascanu
Public management professional
Alex Rascanu is a public management professional with strategic planning, policy development and program management expertise at the intersection of education delivery, employment services provision, and economic development.
- employer services consultant - IT and Tech at The Career Foundation;
- active member of the Lytton Park Residents' Organization;
- communications and community outreach lead for a federal Member of Parliament;
- employment services and labour mobility policymaker for a provincial government;
- new business development director for Canada's largest cancer treatment and research centre;
- elected representative on the governing council of Canada's largest university;
- budget advisory committee member at the largest research-intensive university in Atlantic Canada;
- board of directors member for a high performance daycare centre;
- global consumer insights analyst for the world's largest snacks manufacturer;
- founder and chief executive officer of a consulting firm and a nonprofit organization;
- marketing manager for Canada's largest inbound marketing agency; and
- marketing director for Canada's fastest growing online investment firm.
Alex holds a Master in Public Administration (Management) from Dalhousie University and a Bachelor of Business Administration from the University of Toronto.
Alex's core competencies are strategic planning, policy development, analytical thinking, initiative, innovativeness, program management, effective interactive communication, intercultural diversity proficiency, and adaptability to ensure program success.