About Alex Rascanu
Public management professional
Alex Rascanu is a public management professional with progressive project and staff management experience in the public, nonprofit and private sectors.
Alex can communicate complex information in a manner that is easily understandable, has excellent writing, communication and presentation skills, extensive strategic planning and policy development experience, and a demonstrated ability to undertake and direct analytical research.
- Labour Mobility Coordinator with the Nova Scotia Department of Labour and Advanced Education;
- Master of Public Administration (Management) candidate (2018-2020) at Dalhousie University;
- appointed member of Halifax Chamber of Commerce's Grow and Nurture the Skilled Workforce Task Force; and
- communications and community outreach lead for a federal Member of Parliament;
- elected representative on the governing council of Canada's largest university;
- budget advisory committee member at the largest research-intensive university in Atlantic Canada;
- global consumer insights analyst for the world's largest snacks manufacturer;
- marketing lead for Canada's largest inbound marketing agency;
- marketing lead for Canada's fastest growing online investment firm; and
- new business development director for Canada's largest cancer treatment and research centre.
Alex holds a Bachelor of Business Administration from the University of Toronto, and is currently pursuing a Master in Public Administration (Management) at Dalhousie University (Halifax, Nova Scotia).
Alex's core competencies are strategic planning, analytical thinking, initiative, innovativeness, project/program management, effective interactive communication, intercultural diversity proficiency, and adaptability to ensure project/program success.