J.P. Michel is the creator of the Challenge mindset and the Founder of SparkPath. He has partnered with hundreds of school districts and postsecondary institutions to reimagine career exploration for the future of work. As an industrial-organizational psychology consultant, he worked with hundreds of leaders from some of the world’s largest organizations. The insights from these leaders and organizations helped shape the Challenge Cards, of which there are 20,000 copies being used in schools all over the world.
J.P. has a psychology degree from the University of Ottawa, a masters degree in industrial-organizational psychology from the University of Manchester and is the recipient of the 2017 Outstanding Career Professional award from the Career Professionals of Canada. JP is a TEDx speaker whose work on careers has been featured on the BBC, CBC and Forbes.
- Career Construction Theory, an article by Mark Savickas on the University of Kansas website
- Career Construction Theory and Life Design Framework by Mark Savickas, an overview by Marc Truyens
- Don’t Let The Virus Make You Lose Your Story! So Says Eminent Career Scholar Mark Savickas, a Forbes Magazine article by Michael B. Arthur
- Seth Godin
- Challenge Cards and Career Journal
- JP's The Challenge Mindset TEDxKanata talk